Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Hysterical

Today was a pretty eventful day for me. One of the magazines took my team out to Barneys New York to go jean shopping and I got a great new pair of Citizens for free :)! That was a really nice thing.

But prior to my nice thing..I messed at work majorly and my bosses boss told her and she IM's me. I shouldn't have made the mistake that I did and I apologized profusely for it and I also told her that I take full responsibility. And her response was I feel like you just don't get it.....the mag rep had to call us to ask about the order. I know it was my mistake and I regret it. I felt like shit and I basically bawled my eyes for the two hours.

I called my friend Leslie and my brother after the Barneys trip. Leslie and I work together and she is in the same position as I am. Her boss is rough like mine and she makes mistakes frequently. We don't do it intentionally and thats why they are called mistakes. She really understood me and it was just really comforting being able to just have someone get it. My brother brought up an amazing point he said to me that you have to think forward/towards the future. You cannot dwell in the past and let your co-workers/team control your emotions. What can they do to you? Can they hit you or throw you in jail? No! And to be honest if i were to get fired or I won't have to stress about income because I have my family and unemployment assistance. My roommate and I talked about it as well and she brought up a really good point. That everyone from high school, college and entry level positions always get the shitty job because they get taken for granted. But things will get better and it will improve. It sucks not but will improve. I have to just keep telling myself that. I can't cry anymore, my eyes are beyond puffy.

I have decided to go to work 30 minutes early the day before a project is due and I am going to work early tomorrow because I have to fix something that I realized when I came home I made a mistake in. So I am working on me.

My friend Emily recommended me a great book by Micheal J. Fox. So I'll get it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment